Fuze Contact Center allows you to listen in on a live queue call using the call monitoring feature.
Note: You must be a supervisor of a queue to be able to use this feature.
Call Monitoring Modes
Fuze Contact Center offers the following modes for call monitoring:
- Listen - Also known as 'monitor', Listen allows you to listen in on an active queue call without the user being monitored or the far end of the call knowing.
- Whisper - Also known as 'Coaching', Whisper allows you to speak to the user being monitored without the far end of the call hearing.
- Join - Also known as ‘Barge’, Join allows you to create a 3-way conference call where you can speak to the user being monitored as well as the far end of the call
Setting Your Preferred Device
Before using call monitoring, you must choose your preferred call monitoring device. Your preferred device is the device (desk phone, Fuze Desktop softphone, or Fuze Mobile) and line (extension) you would like to monitor calls from.
To set your preferred device in Fuze Contact Center:
- Click View
- Click Profile Navigator
- Expand the user profile by selecting the arrow to the left of the user name
- Double click My Extensions
- Select the arrow to the left of the device line you would like to use for call monitoring. The arrow will turn a light blue color to indicate that the device line is enabled for call monitoring.
Monitoring a Call
- When a user is on an active call, the call monitoring icon will display within the queue details window.
- To begin call monitoring, click the call monitoring icon
- The extension you chose as your preferred device above will ring
- Answer the call on your preferred device and you will be monitoring the call in Listen mode
To toggle between the modes:
- Open your call view
- Select Whisper to be able to speak to the user being monitored without the far end of the call hearing.
- OR select Join to create a 3-way conference call where you can speak to the user being monitored as well as the far end of the call.