To screen share during Fuze Meetings or Fuze Calls with video on macOS Catalina, you must configure the new Screen Recording permission to work with Fuze Desktop and Fuze Web. If you do not configure your computer to grant Fuze Desktop or Fuze Web the new Screen Recording permission, the other meeting attendees do not see your content when you are presenting. They see a blank screen.
The new security feature is called Screen Recording. However, Fuze does not record your screen when you screen share (Fuze records your screen only when you configure Fuze Meeting options to record your meeting). The Screen Recording permission impacts if Fuze can access the contents of your screen.
Setting the Screen Recording Permission
To set the Screen Recording permission to enable Fuze Desktop and Fuze Web to screen share in macOS Catalina, complete the following:
- Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- On the Privacy tab, click Screen Recording in the left pane.
- In the right pane, select the following boxes to grant permissions, as applicable:
- For Fuze Desktop, select the box next to Fuze.
- For Fuze Web, select the box next to Google Chrome™.
You are signed out of Fuze Desktop or Fuze Web.
For additional information about system requirements for the macOS, please refer to Fuze Desktop System and Network Performance Requirements.