If you're trying to join a meeting but are experiencing difficulties, we're here to help!
First, lets get you into the Meeting
If you need to join immediately, try these options:
- Dial in using your desk phone, or mobile device if you're in a hurry and you need to join immediately.
- If you're having trouble downloading or installing Fuze Desktop, try an alternative Fuze product such as Fuze Web (if you have Google Chrome), or Fuze Mobile.
Next, what kind of issue are you having?
If you're trying to join a meeting but are having trouble, try reviewing the following tips that apply to what you are experiencing:
- Seeing an "Invalid Meeting ID" error message?
The meeting you are trying to join either doesn't exist, or you are using an incorrect Meeting ID. Try verifying that your 8-digit Meeting ID is correct.
This can be found in your invite, and is also included in the url for your meeting (e.g., if a meeting link is https://fuze.me/61537821, then the Meeting ID would be 61537821).
Meeting IDs can also be found at the top of the meeting launch screen:
- Hearing a beep?
If you are hearing a beep every few seconds, you are all set! You have successfully joined the meeting, but the host or other attendees have not yet joined or started the meeting. If nothing happens after five minutes or so, you may want to double check the meeting details you used to join.
- Seeing a spinning Fuze logo with a countdown?
The meeting has not yet begun and you are waiting for the host or other attendee(s) to join and start the meeting.
- How about your internet connection?
Does your computer or device show that you are fully connected to the internet? If not, you may be offline and may want to dial in so that you dont miss anything while trying to reconnect.
- Are you the meeting Host?
If you are the host or host delegate for a meeting, you may need your four-digit Host Pin to start the meeting.
- Is the Meeting full?
This is an unlikely scenario, as most Fuze meetings can accept a large number attendees, however if the meeting is full you'll see a message stating that the meeting participant limit has been reached.
- Cant download or install Fuze?
See our Fuze Desktop troubleshooting tips below.
If all else fails: Try contacting your IT administrator (if one is available to you) to ask if your organization's network and firewall settings allow you to use apps like Fuze.
- No one seems to be in the Meeting
If you hear a beep every few seconds, or see a spinning Fuze logo as described above then you are waiting for the host to join and start the meeting and the meeting will begin shortly.
- Audio or video quality seems poor
- Try closing down other applications or devices that may be consuming resources on your computer or network.
- On the More menu >Audio/Video during the meeting, check your Audio and Video settings.
- Ask other meeting attendees to check their audio and video settings.
- If an error message is displayed at the top of the meeting screen, click Learn More in the message to view troubleshooting articles and recommendations specific to your issue.
- Able to view video but cant hear anyone, or vice versa?
- Other participants cant hear you when you speak?
- Check your mic controls at the bottom of your meeting screen. Your microphone may be muted.
- The host may have muted you, or may have muted all attendees.
- Make sure your computer or device's microphone is not muted outside of Fuze.
- Finally, you can check your computer, device, or browser settings to verify that Fuze is allowed to access the microphone.
- Cant view the presenters video or screen share?
- Try leaving and re-joining the meeting.
- Try updating your audio or video drivers.
- Other participants cant see you?
- Check your video controls at the bottom of your meeting screen to make sure that your video is enabled.
- On the More menu >Audio/Video during the meeting, check your Video settings.
- Make sure your computer or device's video is not disabled outside of Fuze.
- Finally, you can check your computer, device, or browser settings to verify that Fuze is allowed to access use the camera.
- Cant share your screen? - This feature is not available for external meeting attendees at this time, but you can ask your meeting host to invite you to use Fuze as a full Guest User.
Product-specific troubleshooting tips
Fuze Web is our browser-based version of Fuze that you can use to access video and screen share features with no download required!
At this time, Google Chrome is required to use Fuze Web.
If you are having issues joining or participating in a meeting via Fuze Web, try the following:
- Check your internet connection - if your network connection is slow or disconnected you may see an error message in your browser. You'll need to resolve your connection issues before you can join.
- Others cant see or cant hear you - Check your browser settings to make sure that Chrome allows Fuze to use your device's microphone and/or camera.
Fuze Desktop is our app for Windows and macOS that gives you access to audio, video, and screen share features. Review the following tips that apply to you:
Issue Downloading Fuze:
- Restart the download - There may have been a brief issue with your browser or network connection while downloading. Try using our browser-specific installation instructions to restart the download and installation process.
- The download may be blocked by your firewall or anti-malware software:
Windows Firewall, McAfee, Norton, Sophos, or Malwarebytes are just a few modern software security products that help prevent your computer from potential viruses or threats. If these or similar products are preventing you from downloading Fuze, we recommend adjusting your settings to allow Fuze to be downloaded.
- Check your internet connection - Does your computer or device show that you are fully connected to the internet? If not, you may be offline and may want to dial in so that you dont miss anything while trying to reconnect.
Issue Installing Fuze
- Start by taking a look at our browser-specific installation instructions:
- If you already installed Fuze, but its not working - Try uninstalling, and then re-installing per the browser-specific instructions that apply to you.
- You may not have administrator access to your computer:
If you successfully downloaded the Fuze installer, but are receiving a message saying that you do not have permission when trying to run the installer, you may not have administrator rights to install software on your computer. In this case, we recommend contacting your IT department, or running the file as an administrator (right-click on the installer file, and select Run as Administrator).
- Try restarting your computer - Then, after your computer restarts, try starting the installation process over again.
Fuze Mobile is our app for iOS and Android that you can use to join meetings, and view video and screen share no matter where you are. Review the following tips that apply to you:
- Cant install Fuze? - Make sure that you are connected to the internet, and that your device is not too full. If your device is full, try freeing up some space by deleting things like voicemails, or saved videos or images that you dont need anymore.
- Check your Network and Data Settings - If you cant join a meeting, check your Mobile Settings to make sure that Fuze can work with your current conditions.
If you're having trouble calling in to a meeting, try the following tips that apply to how you chose to call in:
- If you chose to Have Fuze Call You
- Make sure you entered your phone number correctly.
- If you are hearing a beep that repeats every few seconds, continue waiting as the host has not yet joined or started the meeting.
- If you chose to dial in
- Make sure you dialed the correct phone number (tip: you may be able to click or tap the number when dialing in).
- There are several phone numbers you can use to join, so you can try an alternative number.
- If you're hearing a busy signal, you may have dialed the wrong number and should try dialing in again.
- If you are outside of the US, make sure you used the non-US number, and that you selected correct region (the country from which you are dialing).
- Make sure you're using the correct Meeting ID
Your 8-digit Meeting ID can be found in your invite, and at the top of the meeting launch screen. It is also included in the url for your meeting (e.g., if you receive a meeting link is https://fuze.me/61537821, then your meeting ID is 61537821).
- If you are the meeting Host or a Host Delegate
Make sure you are entering the correct 4-digit host pin.