This guide is intended to provide you with the requirements for your home network device to use Fuze services. Fuze Support has discovered certain home network devices that will not support call Session Initiation Protocol, or SIP, which can impact the reliability of Fuze services.
Possible symptoms of an incompatible device include: Call Quality Issues, Dropped Calls, Lack of incoming calls, MWI (Message Waiting Indicator) not working, Buddy Watch not working, and Call Transfer not working.
Fuze Remote User Device Requirements
The following are the requirements for a home modem or modem/router combination device to use Fuze services.
For assistance with changing your home network device settings, contact your IT Administrator or your Internet Service Provider (ISP) for instructions specific to your device model.
Note: If you are using an ISP provided device that does not allow you to change its settings, you may need to provide your own device or contact your ISP to request that it is replaced with a device with user-manageable settings.
- SIP ALG must be disabled.
- Many of today's commercial routers come with this feature enabled by default.
- UDP Timeout must be set to 360 or higher
- TCP Timeout must be set to 600 or higher
Note: Some modem manufacturers allow you to put the device into bridge mode to change these settings using the web interface, but the modem does not support the change.
- DNS (Domain Name Server) on your DHCP Server (modem, router or other) must be set to:
- Primary: 184.108.40.206
- Alternate: 220.127.116.11
Desk Phone Requirements
If you are using a desk phone (Polycom or Yealink), the following are required.
- The ethernet cable from your router/access point must be connected to the LAN port on your desk phone.
- VLAN is not supported. If your desk phone has a VLAN enabled, follow the steps below to remove it.
- Press Menu > Settings > Advanced > enter password (456 or 876)
- Select Administration Settings > Network Configuration > Ethernet Menu > VLAN Menu > VLAN ID
- Remove any numbers from the VLAN ID field. This field must be blank.
If your home network device (wireless router or access point) is too far away from your computer or phone, Fuze Support recommends the following solutions:
- Ethernet only: TP-Link AV2000 Powerline Adapter Kit | TL-PA9020P KIT
- Ethernet and WiFi: TP-Link AV2000 / AC1200 Gigabit Powerline AC Wi-Fi Kit | (TL-WPA9610 KIT)