This article describes features and improvements available in the latest versions of Fuze Mobile. See our Fuze Desktop and Web Whats New article for details about the latest features in those products.
Depending on your company’s settings and your permissions, you may have some or all of the features described below.
Fuze Mobile 5.7
Fuze Mobile 5.7 introduces the following new features:
Simplified Sign in
We’ve simplified the Fuze Mobile sign in workflow so that if you skip the Carrier Calling and VoIP Calling setup screens when signing in to Fuze Mobile, those screens are automatically bypassed during subsequent sign-ins, no matter what mobile device you’re using. Carrier and VoIP Call settings are available in the Calls section of the Settings screen any time you need them.
See Sign In to Fuze Mobile for more details about this feature.
We've introduced the ability to perform attended transfers. This type of transfer automatically places the current caller on hold while you ring the intended recipient. This lets you to speak with to the intended recipient before completing the transfer.
See Transfer a Call for more details about this feature.
Screen Share while on a Call
If you’re on a call with another Fuze user at your organization, you can now share your screen at any time during the call.
Unifying calls with screen sharing allows you to seamlessly enrich your calls without needing to switch to a meeting.
See Video or Screen Share during Calls on Fuze Mobile for more details about this feature.
Text Formatting in Chat
Want to emphasize an important point or make it clearer when you’ve
edited changed a message? Now you can! We’ve added text formatting in Fuze Mobile. Long press a word in any Chat message to access formatting options, including bold, italics, strikethrough, quoting, and preformatted/code.
See Format Text in Mobile Chat for more details about this feature.
In previous versions of Fuze Mobile, you can view the whiteboard if shared by someone using Fuze Desktop. Beginning in this release, you can open and use the whiteboard during meetings directly from Fuze Mobile! This is especially helpful if you are collaborating from a tablet, or you're on the go.
See Whiteboard on Fuze Mobile for more details about this feature.
Mark as Unread
Received a message that you want to remember to review later? You can now mark it as unread by long pressing it within your Chat conversation, and tapping Mark unread.
See Mark as Unread for more details about this feature.
Search your own messages in Chat
Looking for a message you sent? Simply type “from:me”, followed by the key word(s) you want to find to search your own messages in Chat.
See Search your Message History for more details about this feature.
Mobile version of Fuze Rooms experience for tablets
If your organization uses Fuze Rooms, a full featured mobile version designed specifically for tablets is now available for iOS and Android.
See Fuze Rooms for Tablets for more details about this feature.
Fuze Mobile 5.5
You can now search your entire message history, and you can search for files. Additionally, you can search for messages from specific people or groups, and you can filter search results by sender, group conversation, and date.
Fuze Mobile 5.4
- Ability to Turn On Video while on a Call with another Fuze user at your organization.
- Ability to View Screenshare while on a Call with another Fuze user at your organization, initiated from Fuze Desktop or Web.
- You now receive notifications of Fuze activity that occurs while you are in a no-network zone or airplane mode, once your data connection is restored.
- After upgrading to a new version of Fuze Mobile, you no longer need to sign out and then back in to be able view contact search results.
Fuze Mobile 5.3
- Ability to look up all contacts from the directory service that is affiliated with Google or Office 365 accounts you connect to Fuze.
- Additional performance and stability improvements.
See the full Fuze Mobile 5.3 Release Notes for more details.
Fuze Mobile 5.2
- Video calls now ring recipients, similar to regular phone calls. A 'ringing' screen will appear when you click the video call button in a one-on-one or group conversation.
- Performance improvements for quicker loading of chat history.
- Preview thumbnails of images, files, URL links, and gifs in a conversation prior to sending.