This article describes features and improvements available in the latest versions of Fuze Mobile. See our Fuze Desktop and Web Whats New article for details about the latest features in those products.
Depending on your company’s settings and your permissions, you may have some or all of the features described below.
Fuze Mobile 5.11
Fuze Mobile 5.11 introduces the following new features:
Support for MMS
In addition to the enhancements described above, we’ve also introduced the following new features:
- Support for external USB cameras when you join a meeting using Fuze Mobile on Android tablets.
- Preliminary support for iOS and iPadOS 13.
Fuze Mobile 5.10
Fuze Mobile 5.10 introduces the following new features:
Quiet Mode is a new status that gives you the ability to silence all notifications from Fuze, including calls, during periods when you need to unplug.
You can configure Fuze to go into Quiet Mode during specific hours each day, as well as specific days of the week. You can also set a custom Quiet Mode message for people who reach out while you're away.
As of 5.10, you can set Quiet Mode using Fuze Mobile on your smartphone or tablet, and your Quiet Mode status and custom message can be viewed by other people using Fuze Mobile, Desktop, and Web. We'll be bringing Quiet Mode configuration to Desktop and Web in the near future.
Additionally, when you're in Quiet Mode, your status is displayed to people on earlier versions of Fuze in the following ways:
See the article Current Status and Quiet Mode for more details about Quiet Mode.
In addition to the enhancements described above, we've also introduced occasional prompts in which we may ask you to rate us on the App Store.
Fuze Mobile 5.9
Fuze Mobile 5.9 introduces the following new features:
We’ve redesigned the Settings screens in Fuze Mobile to help you more easily understand and configure Fuze Mobile to suit your needs. Additionally, we’ve added new Audio settings to the Meetings section that enable you to set the audio configuration that is used when you join meetings.
Additionally, we've expanded the Meetings settings to help you join with your audio switched off to, for example, avoid acoustic feedback if you are near other devices that are also in the meeting.
See the Settings section of the Fuze Mobile help for more information about settings.
Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive file previews
You can now view previews in Chat conversations of files shared from both Microsoft OneDrive and Google Drive.
You can view previews for Google Drive files shared from Fuze Desktop, but at this time you cannot view previews for Google Drive files shared via Fuze Mobile.
To enable this feature for one or both cloud drives, switch on the associated setting in the Connected Accounts section of the Settings screen, and log in to your account when prompted.
See the Connected Accounts article in the Fuze Mobile help for more information about how to access these settings.
In addition to the enhancements described above, we've also introduced the following improvements:
• When sharing content in meetings, Fuze Mobile now automatically switches your Status to Do Not Disturb (DND).
• Keyword matches are now highlighted in Chat search results.
• Fuze Mobile now defaults SMS to the first Mobile phone number on a contact profile.
• Notifications are now generated if you miss a video call.
Fuze Mobile 5.8
Fuze Mobile 5.8 introduces the following new features:
Launch Meetings in Fuze Rooms Directly from your Mobile Device
If your organization uses Fuze Rooms, you can now easily launch a meeting in any Room that isnt presently in use.
If you want to launch an upcoming meeting in a Room, simply navigate to the More options menu in your Meetings list, and tap Launch in Room to access a list of Rooms in which to launch your meeting.
If you're already in a meeting, you can also open the Meeting menu, and tap Launch in Room to select a Room in which to launch the meeting.
See the article Launch Meetings in Fuze Rooms Directly from your Mobile Device for more details about this feature.
Text Formatting Guide and Actions
In our last release of Fuze Mobile, we introduced the ability to format text in Chat. In this release we've introduced two more improvements to help make formatting even easier:
- View an in-app guide that shows how to format text. This guide appears above the message field as you type, and automatically hides when you are not typing a message.
- Apply formatting to selected words or phrases via the More Options section of the long press menu.
See Format Text in Mobile Chat for more details about this feature.
Fuze Mobile 5.7
Fuze Mobile 5.7 introduces the following new features:
Simplified Sign in
We’ve simplified the Fuze Mobile sign in workflow so that if you skip the Carrier Calling and VoIP Calling setup screens when signing in to Fuze Mobile, those screens are automatically bypassed during subsequent sign-ins, no matter what mobile device you’re using. Carrier and VoIP Call settings are available in the Calls section of the Settings screen any time you need them.
See Sign In to Fuze Mobile for more details about this feature.
We've introduced the ability to perform attended transfers. This type of transfer automatically places the current caller on hold while you ring the intended recipient. This lets you to speak with to the intended recipient before completing the transfer.
See Transfer a Call for more details about this feature.
Screen Share while on a Call
If you’re on a call with another Fuze user at your organization, you can now share your screen at any time during the call.
Unifying calls with screen sharing allows you to seamlessly enrich your calls without needing to switch to a meeting.
See Video or Screen Share during Calls on Fuze Mobile for more details about this feature.
Text Formatting in Chat
Want to emphasize an important point or make it clearer when you’ve
editedchanged a message? Now you can! We’ve added text formatting in Fuze Mobile. Long press a word in any Chat message to access formatting options, including bold, italics, strikethrough, quoting, and preformatted/code.
See Format Text in Mobile Chat for more details about this feature.
Mark as Unread
Received a message that you want to remember to review later? You can now mark it as unread by long pressing it within your Chat conversation, and tapping Mark unread.
See Mark as Unread for more details about this feature.
Search your own messages in Chat
Looking for a message you sent? Simply type “from:me”, followed by the key word(s) you want to find to search your own messages in Chat.
See Search your Message History for more details about this feature.
Mobile version of Fuze Rooms experience for tablets
If your organization uses Fuze Rooms, a full featured mobile version designed specifically for tablets is now available for iOS and Android.
See Fuze Rooms for Tablets for more details about this feature.
Fuze Mobile 5.5
You can now search your entire message history, and you can search for files. Additionally, you can search for messages from specific people or groups, and you can filter search results by sender, group conversation, and date.
Fuze Mobile 5.4
- Ability to Turn On Video while on a Call with another Fuze user at your organization.
- Ability to View Screenshare while on a Call with another Fuze user at your organization, initiated from Fuze Desktop or Web.
- You now receive notifications of Fuze activity that occurs while you are in a no-network zone or airplane mode, once your data connection is restored.
- After upgrading to a new version of Fuze Mobile, you no longer need to sign out and then back in to be able view contact search results.
Fuze Mobile 5.3
- Ability to look up all contacts from the directory service that is affiliated with Google or Office 365 accounts you connect to Fuze.
- Additional performance and stability improvements.
See the full Fuze Mobile 5.3 Release Notes for more details.
Fuze Mobile 5.2
- Video calls now ring recipients, similar to regular phone calls. A 'ringing' screen will appear when you click the video call button in a one-on-one or group conversation.
- Performance improvements for quicker loading of chat history.
- Preview thumbnails of images, files, URL links, and gifs in a conversation prior to sending.