This article describes features and improvements available in the latest versions of Fuze Mobile. See our Fuze Desktop and Web Whats New article for details about the latest features in those products.
Depending on your company’s settings and your permissions, you may have some or all of the features described below.
Fuze Mobile 5.5
You can now search your entire message history, and you can search for files. Additionally, you can search for messages from specific people or groups, and you can filter search results by sender, group conversation, and date.
Fuze Mobile 5.4
- Ability to Turn On Video while on a Call with another Fuze user at your organization.
- Ability to View Screenshare while on a Call with another Fuze user at your organization, initiated from Fuze Desktop or Web.
- You now receive notifications of Fuze activity that occurs while you are in a no-network zone or airplane mode, once your data connection is restored.
- After upgrading to a new version of Fuze Mobile, you no longer need to sign out and then back in to be able view contact search results.
Fuze Mobile 5.3
- Ability to look up all contacts from the directory service that is affiliated with Google or Office 365 accounts you connect to Fuze.
- Additional performance and stability improvements.
See the full Fuze Mobile 5.3 Release Notes for more details.
Fuze Mobile 5.2
- Video calls now ring recipients, similar to regular phone calls. A 'ringing' screen will appear when you click the video call button in a one-on-one or group conversation.
- Performance improvements for quicker loading of chat history.
- Preview thumbnails of images, files, URL links, and gifs in a conversation prior to sending.