This article describes features and improvements available in the latest versions of Fuze Desktop and Fuze Web (web.fuze.com).
For details about whats new with Fuze Mobile click here.
Depending on your company’s settings and your permissions, you may have some or all of the features described below.
Did you know that as long as you have Google Chrome and an internet connection, you can access Fuze Web anywhere you are?
Fuze 5.9 introduces the following new features for Desktop and Web:
Fuze 5.7 introduces the following new features:
Fuze Desktop 5.6
Fuze Desktop 5.6 introduces the following new features:
Additional features in 5.6:
- Ability to disconnect an expired connected account
- Recent conversation history is now stored locally for quicker application launch
Fuze Desktop and Web 5.5
Fuze Desktop and Web 5.5 introduces the following new features:
This release of Fuze Web is a minor release that includes the following improvements:
- Enhanced the workflow for external meeting invitees (meeting guests that do not have a Guest account) that are joining via a non-Chrome web browser.
- External meeting invitees (meeting guests that do not have a Guest account) that are using Google Chrome to join via web.fuze.com can now allow Fuze to use the microphone and camera upon joining.
Fuze Desktop 5.3.1
Fuze Desktop 5.3.1 is a minor release that includes the following improvements:
- Fuze no longer modifies the default value stored in the chat application registry key (Windowstm only).
- Incoming Caller Name is now displayed along with the DID on Polycom devices for calls received from a Fuze Desktop caller using the click-to-call feature.
- Application-level stability enhancements and other improvements (including a more robust notification layer) to support the Fuze Desktop experience.
Fuze Desktop 5.3
Fuze Desktop 5.3 introduces the following new features:
- Ability to look up all contacts from the directory service that is affiliated with Google or Office 365 accounts you connect to Fuze.
- Ability to schedule webinars in Fuze Desktop instead of on the Fuze website.
- Enhancements for uploading Microsoft OneDrive files in Chat conversations and Meetings.
- Support for sending links to Google Drive files in chat conversations.
- A variety of new and improved in-app quality notifications.
View the Fuze Desktop 5.3 Whats New video.
See the full Fuze Desktop 5.3 Release Notes for more details.
We are excited to introduce the ability to make calls using Fuze Web!
You can now make and receive calls in Fuze Web using your computer audio or headset. The addition of calling in Fuze Web makes it a complete web experience that offers internal and external calling capabilities with zero downloads!
With the introduction of calling for Fuze Web, the following call-related features are introduced:
- Make and receive Fuze-to-Fuze calls.
- Make and receive external calls using a telephone number.
- Softphone support is extended to Linux and Chrome OS devices.
- While on a Fuze-to-Fuze call, you can add video or screen share.
- Video Calls now start like phone calls. A 'ringing' screen is displayed to call recipients.
- Contact Center agents can receive calls from their queues directly in Fuze Web.
See the full Fuze Web - December 2018 Release Notes for more details.
Forthcoming features in Fuze Web (currently available on Fuze Desktop) include:
- Create ad-hoc conference calls.
- Receive incoming call notifications if Fuze Web is not open.
- Use advanced headset controls.
- Use the floating mini controller while on calls.
Fuze Desktop 5.2
Fuze Desktop 5.2 introduces the following new features:
- If your're on a Fuze-to-Fuze voice call, you can now promote your to a video call, or you can share your screen.
- When you start a meeting, Fuze now displays a ringing screen to people you invite to the meeting, similar to phone calls.
- When you're in a meeting, you can now search for people to invite, invite guests, external contacts, and/or rooms (if enabled), directly from the participants list.
- Connect your Microsoft OneDrive account to preview OneDrive document links while chatting on Fuze Desktop.
See the full Fuze Desktop 5.2 Release Notes for more details.