When creating a new meeting, you can select from several predefined combinations of meeting settings depending on the type of meeting you are hosting:
Customize your settings for each meeting type when you create a meeting using the Meetings button in the Fuze toolbar. Click Meetings > New Meetings > Edit Settings.
Open meetings are great for collaborating with other people on projects or in groups. In open meetings:
- The meeting starts as soon as attendees join (everyone is accepted automatically into the meeting).
- Any attendee can act as the host, start recordings, or access meeting settings.
- Any attendee can act as the presenter and share their screen.
Private meetings are helpful for confidential one-on-one meetings, or for when the creator of the meeting wants to limit the number of participants. In private meetings:
- The meeting only starts when the creator (host) of the meeting joins.
- The host must manually accept each participant into the meeting.
- Only the host or a delegate can share their screen, access meeting settings.
The meeting starts when attendees join, but attendees cannot see one another in the Participants list. Additionally, attendees cannot share their screen or access settings, and can only chat with the host.
Toll free and international numbers are included in the invitation, and all attendees are automatically accepted into the meeting.
Webinars are a unique type of meeting that allows you to host up to 1000 participants. Anyone can participate, and you can require attendees to register and provide specific details about themselves prior to joining.
See Webinars for more details.