To send a message to a contact or group, search for the contact and open a chat conversation, or click on the contact or group in your recent conversations pane to open an existing chat.
If you want to send a message to someone outside of your organization, you would need to add them to your contact list. For additional information, please refer to Adding, Editing and Deleting Contacts.
There are several ways to send someone a message using Fuze:
- Sending a message to a contact or group
- Sending a message to a recent or favorite conversation
- Chatting in a meeting
- Switching between a meeting and Fuze Chat
- Sending a message during a voice call
- Sending a message with the Call menu
- Sending a message as an IM, MMS, or SMS
For additional information about accessing messaging options using keyboard shortcuts, please refer to Keyboard Commands.
- Click the Search bar in the Fuze toolbar.
- Type the name of the contact or group in the Search field.
- Point your cursor to the contact and click the message icon. The conversation is displayed.
- In the Message field, type your message.
- Click Send or press Enter on your keyboard.
- Click on the contact or group name in the conversation pane.
- Type your message in the Message field
- Click Send.
See Mentions, file sharing, and emojis for more messaging options.
While you are in a Fuze meeting, you can open a chat conversation that is shared by everyone in the meeting.
- Click the Chat icon.
- Type the message.
- Press Enter on your keyboard.
After the meeting concludes, you can re-join the meeting using the Search screen at any time if you need to access notes or other content.
If you are in a Fuze meeting, you can easily switch back to your Fuze chat screen without leaving the meeting. This allows you to carry on chat conversations with contacts, whether or not they are part of the current meeting.
- On the meeting screen, click Back to List. The main Fuze screen is displayed.
Fuze keeps you in the meeting and you’ll continue to hear audio from the meeting.
- Search for a contact or group, or click on the contact or group conversation. The conversation is displayed.
- Type your message in the text field.
- Click Send or press Enter.
- To return to the meeting, click on the meeting in the Active area.
While you’re on a voice call with someone, click the Chat icon to switch to your chat conversation during the call.
Fuze switches to your chat conversation, and you can send a message without leaving the call.
Use the Call menu to send a text message using Short Message Service (SMS).
- Click Call on the Fuze toolbar. The Call menu is displayed.
- Using the dial pad, enter the phone number.
To send a message to an international phone number, enter the exit code, the country code, and then the complete phone number. A preceding digit or country code is not required for domestic calls.
- Click Text. A chat conversation opens.
- In the message field, enter the message and press Enter or click Send.
Click Send as to select the message type for your message.
- IM (Instant Message): Select this to send your message as an instant message.
- MMS (Multimedia Message Service): It is the standard way to send messages that include multimedia (images, audio, and video files) over a cellular network.
- SMS (Short Message Service): It is the standard protocol used to send text messages. Any message longer than 160 characters is split into multiple messages.