To send a message to a person or group, you can search search for them and open a chat conversation, or you can simply click on the person or group in your recent conversations pane to open an ongoing chat.
Search for a person or group and send a message
- Click the search bar in the Fuze toolbar,
- Type the name of the person or group
- Hover your mouse cursor over the contact and click the message icon. The conversation appears.
- In the message field, enter your message.
- Click Send or press Enter on your keyboard.
Navigate to a recent or favorite conversation
- Click on the person or group’s name in the conversation pane.
- Type your message in the text field
- Click Send.
Note: You can also mention the person or group, attach a file, or add an emoji.
Chat within a meeting
While you’re in a Fuze meeting, you can open a chat conversation that is shared by everyone in the meeting.
Click the Chat icon, enter your message, and press Enter on your keyboard.
Note: After the meeting concludes, you can re-join the meeting via the Search screen at any time if you need to access notes or other content.
Switching between a meeting and Fuze Chat
If you’re currently in a Fuze meeting, you can easily switch back to your Fuze Chat screen without leaving the meeting.
This allows you to carry on chat conversations with people, whether they're part of the current meeting or not.
- Starting from the meeting screen, click Back to List.
Fuze keeps you in the meeting and you’ll continue to hear audio from the meeting, and the main Fuze screen appears.
- Search for a person or group, or click on the person or group conversation. The conversation appears.
- Enter your message in the text field.
- Click Send.
- Whenever you are ready, you can click on the meeting in the Active area to navigate back to the meeting.
Send a message while on a Voice Call
While you’re on a voice call with someone, you can switch to your chat conversation while still on the call by clicking the Chat icon.
Fuze switches to your chat conversation, and you can enter and send your message without leaving the call.