Your preferred device is the device that Fuze uses by default when you place calls using Fuze apps. Whether you’re using click-to-call, or just answering an incoming call, Fuze uses your preferred device unless you decide to select a different device at the time of your call.
Choosing Your Preferred Device
To choose your preferred click-to-call device:
1. Open the Profile menu and click Settings.
2. On the settings screen, click Calls to navigate to the calls section.
3. Under Place my calls using, select one of the following:
Fuze Desktop (or Fuze Web)
Calls are placed directly from your Fuze App.
My preferred phone
Depending on your Fuze service, you can configure Fuze to use one or more of the following as your preferred device:
- Fuze Desktop - Calls are placed directly from your Fuze app using VoIP technology.
- Fuze Web - Calls are placed directly from Fuze using VoIP technology.
- Fuze Mobile - Calls are placed from Fuze Mobile using VoIP technology (if connected to wifi), or your mobile device’s data plan (if allowed, and if not connected to wifi).
- Desk Phone - Calls are placed using your desk phone using the phone number provided by your IT administrator.
- Other phone number - Calls are placed using a different phone number that you enter.
Click-to-Call and Preferred Device
Depending on the preferred device you choose, Fuze click-to-call connectors (e.g., Fuze for Chrome, or Fuze for Office 365) initiate calls via your preferred device in the following ways:
- If your preferred device is softphone (Fuze Desktop or Web), outbound calls are made directly from your Fuze application.
- If your preferred device is Mobile, calls are placed via your Fuze Mobile application which rings first, and when you answer, Fuze begins calling the number you clicked.
- If your preferred device is a physical device line (e.g., desk phone), your device rings first, and when you answer, Fuze begins calling the number you clicked.
- If your preferred device is “Other Phone Number” Fuze first sends an inbound call to the number you enter for your “Other Phone Number”, and when you answer on that device, Fuze begins calling the number you clicked.