Fuze eFax service allows you to send faxes using the Fuze Customer Portal, and receive faxes sent to your fax number as an email attachment.
You must have an eFax service associated with your Customer Portal account to send and receive eFaxes. If you do not have an eFax service, please contact your administrator.
eFax file requirements:
- Files must be in PDF format.
- Files must be black and white.
- Files can be no larger than 10MB in size.
Sending an eFax to another user's eFax number is not supported. We cannot guarantee receipt of any documents sent between eFax services. eFax is only meant to serve as a means of sending and receiving documents with other traditional fax services.
To send an eFax:
- Begin by logging into the Fuze Customer Portal here: https://portal.thinkingphones.com.
- After logging in, you'll see the Fuze Portal Home Page.
- Click on Home, and select Send Fax. You'll see the screen shown below.
- Click Add File on the top left to add a PDF, or drag and drop the PDF file you'd like to fax.
- Once your file has been added, you will see it listed under Documents to be sent, as shown in the example below.
After your file has been added, make sure that the number you want to send your fax from shows up in the Fax Service dropdown list. If you only have one eFax number, it will be selected by default. However, if you have more than one eFax number, you will need to select the fax number you want to use.
- In the Destination Fax Numbers field, type in the full 10-digit fax number where you want to send your fax.
- Enter one number per line to send to multiple fax numbers, as shown below.
- Use the Paper Size dropdown list to select the paper size you'd like to use.
Note: letter, A4, and legal are all supported.
- If you would like to add a cover letter to your fax, check the Use Cover Page checkbox. Enter the information you'd like to include in the fields below the checkbox (shown below). This information will be formatted into a cover letter included with your attached PDF.
- When you're ready to send your fax, click Send at the bottom of the page.
You can check the status of your faxes in the window on the right side of the page.
The following eFax statuses will appear under the State column:
- READY - The fax is loaded to our eFax server and queued to be deployed.
- ACTIVE - The destination fax number is dialed through our eFax server to make the initial connection to transmit the fax data.
- SLEEPING - When the above attempt to be connected with the destination number fails, the eFax status will change to SLEEPING. It will attempt to resend the fax a few more times before aborting the eFax, resulting in a FAILED state.
- DONE - A successful transmission will display this state with a status of OK.